Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have been given a kindle. How do I set up an account and

I have been given a kindle. How do I set up an account and register a credit card?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you register the Kindle you made an account when you did this, else it is not possible to register the Kindle. You can only use the Kindle after it has been registered, so if you gave registered the Kindle then an account has been made.
Then go to the book store and find a book you wish to purchase. When you have found one, go to purchase the book and if no credit card has yet been added, then it is going to request that you add this.
This will the link the credit card to your account so that any following purchases will go directly to the credit card.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have followed your instructions. Using my laptop my credit card is registered with Amazon. I have purchased a book, I can read this on my laptop but the book has NOT appeared in my kindle. Where do I go now?

(Kindle is on and shows a wifi signal)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, looks like the Kindle is registered then to a different account Shirley
Can you deregister the Kindle then register it again and make sure its registered to the same account as used on the Laptop.
It should then show up
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All sorted now

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Shirley
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.