Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Packard Bell Ixtreme 3720 and I think bios might be

I have a Packard Bell Ixtreme 3720 and I think bios might be corrupted. Not all drives are showing in ecplorer and also*****and 2 cd drives when there are two dvd drives. Any help you can give would be most welcome. I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit.
David Pincombe ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, the computer is showing 3 DVD drives, when your computer only has 2. Is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its showing 3 drives 2 CD and 1 DVD, it should show 2 DVDs, also I have a hard drive which should be e and f, that is not showing either

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you power off the computer
Power on the system. When the first logo screen appears, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS.
Go through each device and check if it is listed correctly within the Bios.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi no is isn't, [de master is showing cf ROM and won't change ice slave not detected port 1 hard disc port 3hard disc port 2 same CD rim port 4 not detected

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will see the option in the bios to reset to defaults.
Choose this and tell me if it is then detected please David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No its hasn't, its still the same

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the Bios that has faulted. If it is incorrectly detecting the devices, then this will spill over to windows as windows reads from this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, no its out of warranty, so it cant be downloaded at all?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, if its not even being detected, then its the bios faulting. It is not settings as we have restored this, plus as you saw, we could not even manually set it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thanks for your help

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome David.
If you need anything else, please let me know and If you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry