Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am currently last 6weeks been on the eharmony dating

Customer Question

I am currently for the last 6weeks been on the eharmony dating site. Tonight I am told that my Homecover does not allow access to this site, can you please tell me what is going on! I am not happy.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Just to clarify, are you unable to open up the site from your computer now?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I am still unable to have access to this site talk talk pops up a message saying that my Homesafe Settings does not allow this site, which I pay a fee for every month.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I see, all right. May I set up a quick remote session (no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes you may
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5dd4b561-0f3e-4193-bf1a-05d93d33aae4
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Download failed, clicked onto the link. Message box popped up with Safari Cannot Download.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, it looks like you are having some issues with downloading/running the remote file, so let me just provide you with the steps to turn off HomeSafe for your account now.
Please open up the following link first:
https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/myservices/network/parental-controls
Login to your TalkTalk account when prompted. Next, under the "HomeSafe" section, set "Kid Safe" to OFF. Confirm the change, when prompted.
You should now be able to access the eHarmony website all right.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh my god what is going on I cannot now get into my talk talk account, have entered my email but they tell me my password ***** *****
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
No issues, let's try a different remote tool this time. Please open up the following link:
www.teamviewer.com
Click 'Download'. A 'TeamViewer' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)
OPEN/RUN the file, then install and run TeamViewer accordingly. Reply back to me with the ID and the password ***** (while keeping the TeamViewer window open.)
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If you are unable to find the TeamViewer download in Safari, click on the Window tab (at the top) > Downloads, and open up the TeamViewer file downloaded, from there.
Install and run TeamViewer accordingly. Reply back to me with the ID and the password ***** (while keeping the TeamViewer window open.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but I am getting confused now am not that conversant with all this jargon and cannot keep up with you. I am a 70yr old and just use my works programme which I am used to, and just have my current IPad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Oh, I see - you are replying to me from your iPad itself (the remote tools can only run on a computer).
Now, could you let me know the full email address associated with your TalkTalk account?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

OK, I'm unable to look up that email address, so you must have used a different email address for your TalkTalk account itself.

No problem; I'll ask you a couple of other questions to retrieve your account info now. First, what's your TalkTalk landline number?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
You seem to have gone offline now. Please leave me a reply when you are available next, and we will take this further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
01269 870597
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK. For verification purposes, please provide me with the last 4 digits of your bank account number used to pay your TalkTalk bill. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3448
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK; please stand by - I'll get your TalkTalk account registered in a few minutes. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I have registered the TalkTalk account for you and logged in to the same - but it looks like HomeSafe is already turned OFF for your account now.
Could you retry accessing eHarmony now, and check if the same error shows up?
Keep me posted.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Also, please tap Settings > Wi-Fi (on the left), on your iPad now - make sure that you are connected to your OWN TalkTalk network itself. Do let me know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the rating; I assume you were able to get back into your eHarmony site all right?
Do let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I now have full access to the site through their emails and their App. thank you very much although I will be claiming your fee back of Talk Talk it's their fault it occurred and I don't see why I should have to pay.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, perfect! For future reference, I have included your TalkTalk account login details as follows:
Login Email:***@******.***
Password: abcdef123