Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 will not charge. A battery comes

My samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 will not charge. A battery comes up on screen blank then if you keep holding the start button it sometimes goes to a battery which has a battery with a small amount of charge. However I cannot get it to go to the opening screen?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your Galaxy tab2
Let me know how old is the tab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about 3 years 6 months

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

About 3yrs 6 mths

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Normally the charging connector goes bad due to physical movement like a normal wear and tear, i have personally experienced this with the charger connector. check for any physical damage to the table connector or the charger pin.
use a usb cable and connect the tab to a computer usb port and check if its charging or not you may connect the charger cable to the tab half way in and not fully in and try to push it on the top and bottom and let me know if the charging starts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done this and the following is happening. A battery comes up not charged then that goes away and another battery comes up with a yellow piece which i think is charge about a quarter. I have the pad beside me and it just keeps flashing in & out of the 2 things I have just described and not going into the opening screen

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
when it keeps flashing that means its holding the charge and let it go there must be a physical damage to the internal connector on the tab try to press and hold down the charger lightly and let me know if that starts the charging you may have to try both ways top and bottom of your charger pin while connected to the tab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still doing the same but not going into start up, could be damage to internal connector but how do i troubleshoot this? it is used daily and for long periods. Have replaced connectors three times because they were not charging. I'll see what you come back with but maybe I should get new connectors,

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i understand this is annoying however if you have another usb cable try connecting it to the computer and check if that works and if that too doesnt work then it time to get the charge connector replaced from a phone and tablet repair shop.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If its ok can we leave this one open for a couple of days. I have only got the one connector so will have to get another one. As far as rating your service is concerned I am not dissatisfied with your service but we have not solved the problem exactly, You have however said that you consider it is either the connection from tab to usb or the internal connector on the device. I will get back to you asap when I have proved which part it is,

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i understand you are not satisfied with the result however i am letting you know the true fact of the problem which is a hardware issue till the time we reaplace the bad connector on the tablet its not logically possible to get the charging back. I hope you understand the fact and will not rate me negative, we can definitely wait as long you want till you get the connector replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oķ I have solved the problem it was the charger cable not the internal connector. It is now working again fine. Your diagnosis was spot on so thank you for that . Re payment I think I may have pressed in error the monthly sub button . I just require the one off payment

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I asked you to use a different usb cable on my second last reply if you see.
"i understand this is annoying however if you have another usb cable try connecting it to the computer and check if that works and if that too doesnt work then it time to get the charge connector replaced from a phone and tablet repair shop".
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors