Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Cannon Pixma MP495 printer. It has been working

I have a Cannon Pixma MP495 printer. It has been working correctly but now, when I try printing, I get an error code E - 0 -3 with the orange alarm lamp illuminated. I also get a 'paper jam' message on the computer screen. I cannot see any paper jam and have checked that the ink cartridges are correctly installed.
Can you help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power to the printer by unplugging it from the wall and wait 5 minutes.
Then plug the power back into printer, turn it on and tell me if it now functions correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No diffeerence - printer takes first sheet of paper about 2 inches into machine and I then get error message and orange alarm light.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It's likely then because something is actually jammed inside of your printer (this is common for all printers, things tend to fall in from above). To fix this: 1) turn the printer off; 2) feed cardboard or a thick piece of paper through the printer (in the opposite direction that the paper prints) and something should become dislodged and come out.
The tell me if it removes the error
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That seems to have worked, although nothing seemed to come out when I put cardboard through. It is now printing properly.

Thanks for your help

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Likely something very very small was on the sensor, but it will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Also I’m glad to have responded successfully to the trust you placed in JustAnswer. I would be very proud to have your opinion shown publicly as a sign of good service to other customers.
To give your opinion which would be greatly appreciated, just visit the link below:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/justanswer.co.uk
Thank you very much.