Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Stolen emachine and all parts equipment since 2003 without

Customer Question

stolen emachine and all parts equipment since 2003 without my register on. please help. from miss clare iris murape . mobile XXXXXXXXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

If I understand, your eMachine computer was stolen - ?

And it is from 2003, a very old computer - ?

If so, there is probably not much that can be done about the theft. A program could have been installed on it that would track its location and allow you, or police, to find out roughly where it is located, but I would guess that no such program has been installed on the eMachine.

If it were an Android device, they can be located, sometimes down to within several feet, by various means. But a commonplace computer from 2003 cannot use any of those means.

If you had data valuable to you on the computer, I hope you had a backup copy of the data. If anything private to you was on the computer, especially your financial information, bank account numbers, credit card numbers (I hope not!) or similar information, you must consider it to be compromised, that is: the private data of yours on the computer may be in the hands of a thief, and you should alert your bank, credit card issuer, etc. of the matter.