Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I am on holidays and my screen on my phone has smashed i need

Customer Question

i am on holidays and my screen on my phone has smashed i need t greatful thankso get some contact numbers badly But when i connect to the lap top it is asking me for my password ***** i cant see the screen is there any way around this i would be very
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Gerry! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you know if you had your phone contacts synced with your google / gmail account previously?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

What's the model of your phone?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a galexy 3

Ithink its vista 7

Iam nearly sure iam connected to google

i am not great on computers as you probley gathered

That's okay. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help you getting your contacts in your Google account directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes that would be great thanks

You're welcome. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0c69cfa0-c641-4746-bc48-e3d814da1001

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Working on issue, thank you.

Thank you for the remote support session. Summary:

- You have only a few contacts synced with your Google account, so previously, you saved most of your contact numbers in either the phone's internal memory and/or the phone's SIM card, if there is a SIM card in your phone. In order to get these contacts, here are your options:

1. If there is a SIM card in your phone, then take it out, then insert the SIM card to another working phone, then check if you see your contact numbers on that working phone.

2. If that does not work, that means those contact numbers are stored in the phone's memory (not in the SIM card), so you need to replace with a new screen, then you can use your phone again in order to get the contact numbers.

Note: Do not try with any program on the computer for retrieving your phone's contact numbers as it requires entering the phone's password ***** the phone's screen.

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.