Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Satellite Pro mouse has frozen, I have tried turning

Hi My Satellite Pro mouse has frozen, I have tried turning off and on. No result. Can you help please. My email is***@******.***. Thank you. Bill Vernon
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step Bill, can you press on the keyboard the KN + F5 key
If this does not work, use FN+F9 instead and tell me if the mouse now works
If this fails, then try F5 by itself else F9 by itself
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nothing happened, I do not see a KN key but I tried the others, I am using another computer to speak to you. Bill

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its not KN Bill, it is FN, its the Blue button on the bottom left on the Keyboard.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard None of these worked Now what do I do I am a pensioner and you have just got my €58 Bill

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bill,
Its a process of elimination so we need to go through all the causes that can make this happen.
As the next step, can you please remove the battery and power cable from the Laptop and hold the power button down for 60 seconds, then release.
Then connect the battery and power cable, turn on the Laptop and tell me please if the mouse now works.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi any news from your side, My mouse is still frozen.

Bill

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
HI Bill,
I just gave the next set of instructions for you to do, looks like you missed it, no problem, I repeated it below again for you to do
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Thank you Richard. That worked. :) I am away again Phew I was really worried. Thank you again.Bill

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good to hear Bill and your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.