John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I cannot open the user guide. I get to the window which is

I cannot open the user guide. I get to the window which is black and blank
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma'am which user guide are you trying to open and is it in pdf format?Please provide more details.Sincerely,JohnNote: - To get my reply quickly refresh this page or you can check your email which also shows a notification email. To reply back to me type in the box below and click on reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a Sansung User Guide on my laptop. I do not remember whether it was in PDF format.

The processer is Intel(R) Core(TM) 15-2430M @ 2.40GHz

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details can you please check on the bottom of the laptop for the Samsung laptops model number so that i can get another user guide.Also see if you can open this online pdf test file http://www.idph.state.ia.us/adobe_test.aspSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The adobe test page opens ok.

The only label on the bottom of the computer appears to be a Windows one and part of it is torn away. I have previously search the computer for the model number but have never been able to find it.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have looked at the paperwork when I got the computer from ***** ***** in January 2012 and this give the model No as Samsung NP700Z5A CHRONOS.

I am not happy to hand over the control of the computer as I had a bad experience once before

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the model details.I can understand that giving control of your PC but no worries if you do not want it then no worries i gave you that option because i can check the issue directly and do the necessary more quickly.let me check that and see if i can find another user guide for you.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
That model you gave seems to be not complete.Example for a full model is NP700Z5A-S01US.Can you please re-check it?Also did this laptop came with windows 7 or did you downgrade it from windows 8 to windows 7? The reason why i asked is that when i enter the model you gave it shows it came with windows 8.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NP700Z5A CHRONOS

It came with Windows 7 installed

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Well i cannot find the exact details with that model so please download and install interactive user guide from this link http://tinyurl.com/q2ghjuj see if that works and the right one.Please let me knowSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I click on the above link I get a blank page

I will have a short interval while I get some tea

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Its a exe file to install the interactive user guide for your laptop so it will open a blank page but it will download a file.If you are opening that link in Chrome then press CTRL + J key to open the downloads page in chrome and locate the Win7_Manual_eng.exe file in it and click on it to install.Then once the installation done you can open the interactive user guide for your laptop.If not look for in the all programs in start menu.Please check it and let me know.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the manual in Chrome Downloads. Should I now delete the faulty one

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay in replying back to you.First check whether you were able to install and open it,see if that's the user manual you were looking for.Then let me knowSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The manual appeared to be correct, but it has now gone wrong. It is in Chrome Downloads but when clicked a Run instruction appears and when clicked it does not run or open

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update.No need to re-run it from the chrome downloads.open it from the all programs in start menu see if that works and let me know.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is not in All Programs except the faulty one. I now find that the icon appears several times and clicking any one and then Run the required maual opens

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.Please remove the faulty one using programs and features in control panel (Remove it only if its listed in programs and features otherwise leave it as it is) Where do you see these icons of the user manual is it on desktop or downloads page in Chrome.I believe you have downloaded it several times from the link i gave and that's why its showing several icons.You can delete all the other user guide icon and keep only one to open and run it.See if that works and please let me knowSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The icons are on the Desktop.

It is now working. Originally there was two other windows before getting to the Manual, but these were not important.

I now propose to Copy the the icon and past it into appropiate place in the Program Files.

I think we can now close this Correspondents.

Tthank you

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Glad to know its working.copying and pasting it on the program files wont work so i suggest keep the one you needed in the desktop and use it when you needed to open the manual.If you do not need further assistance please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the star rating and click on submit that will do it.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.