Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My grandson's kindle wouldn't switch on on Saturday and he

Customer Question

My grandson's kindle wouldn't switch on on Saturday and he borrowed mine. By Sunday mine wouldn't switch on either. I had this problem before and you helped me. Please help again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.First off, please plug in the Kindle device to a power outlet, and then do the following:Press and hold the power button on your kindle for 20 seconds. After 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank. This is normal. Continue to hold the power button.After 20 seconds, release the power button. The charge indicator light will turn on after a few moments. If you have successfully reset your Kindle, you'll see the start-up screen.Does this resolve the issue all right? Do keep me posted.