Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Please could you help. I have Samsung windows7 laptop. Model:

Customer Question

Please could you help. I have Samsung windows7 laptop. Model: 300E5C. It had been working perfectly until recently when games I purchased as downloads, over a few years period started hesitating and sticking. Approx 4 second delay after clicking, and as though pushing the cursor through treacle, would stick then jump ahead. I emailed BigFish (USA) about 11 days ago and they replied with suggestions of various things to try, none of them helping. They today asked me to click on a link 'NP300E5C' scroll down and click on Driver VGA(Graphics),INTEL-WINDOWS 7 (64BIT), 148.44 MB, ZIP,MULTI LANGUAGE,VERSION: 8.15.10.2712 to download 'Internal_VGA_Intel_64bit_8.15.10.2712 . The instructions they gave me were to save the file to my desktop, rather than run immediately. They then wanted me to uninstall the existing graphics driver which they say isn't on Samsungs website. Then I would need to restart computer and if Windows asked if I wanted them to find a driver to skip that, then install the driver I had previously saved to Desktop (but not yet run) was told to install from double clicking the 'set up' file. - I found 2 set up files so more confusion! Thought I'm not uninstalling anything until I go through and save everything to my external hard drive. Put that in and guess what - 'E:\ This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel' !!! The same thing happened when I tried to use my flash sticks. Have no idea what has happened and am very worried about all this. Sorry so long please can you help. Many thanks Wendy Lawrence
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** looks like your computer might be infected with virus(es) since you started to experience such unusual problems, especially since clicking on the external hard disk drive or the flash drive gives you a message to install a program. Do you know when these problems first started to happen?