Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

My kindle screen had frozen. I tried to recharge it from the

My kindle screen had frozen.
I tried to recharge it from the computer over night. The green light came on but the screen was still frozen (picture of pentops)
I followed instructions under "frozen screen" on the net, but to no avail, except that the screen chnged from pens to a battery picture indicating I should plug it in. I tried that again to no avail.
Susan Pirie
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.
Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.
It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.
Try this at least 6 times.
The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now back to square one with the screen saver (letters this time) and the orange light is on.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
What model Kindle is it? Does the screen change when you turn it off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the screen goes blank when I turn it off.
I don't know what the model is. A basic earlyish one
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Does it have a touch screen? There should be a tiny hard to see model number on the back.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not have a touch screen.
IIt is a case and I don't know how to get it out.
Aha, in trying to force it out it appears too have started to function!! The battery regesters half full, so I'll leave it pluged in.
WHAT DID I DO TO CAUSE THIS PROBLEM?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It was most likely frozen like what I mentioned before. If the case was holding down on the screen it could have caused it to not respond as well. Leave it charging and test it again in 10 minutes. If it still works properly you should be all set. If it does not respond again let me know. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'LL GET BACK TO YOu. You are right is is hard to read the number - even with my glasses!!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Yes it is I usually need a magnifying glass to see it.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to be fine now. Many thanks.