Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I can't send any emails and my laptop says it can't connect

I can't send any emails and my laptop says it can't connect to my password. I recently received a message on my iPhone saying Google recently blocked a sign-in attempt to my Google Account (*****@******.***). Apple think this may be the problem that Google have blocked my ability to connect. Can you unlock me and get me working again?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email program you are using to connect to your gmail account? eg: Apple Mail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's gmail

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Lindsay
It looks like the password ***** been resetted, and this may be due to your account being hacked.
If you click on my link, are you able to go through the process of resetting your password?
https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/2402620?hl=en
Use the option, I Forgot my password ***** follow the steps to reset the password.
Then sign into your account using this new password.
If you can, then use this new password ***** access your account.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have reset my password. Can you check if I am connected now?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I cannot check from here Linday due to privacy and security reasons, but if you reset your password ***** your ok, just use this new password ***** access your Gmail
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Richard you have been very helpful. I am terrified of these computers! I will see how I get on in a minute - if I have any problems how can I get back to you ? Also, I am concerned I may have paid the £28 twice - can you verify?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I see no duplicate questions for you so no reason why you would have paid twice.
If you see this on your bill, email***@******.*** and this will be corrected.
Of course, if you have any problems, you can let me know, this is not problem Lindsay.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks! how can I contact you directly if I have a problem - do you have a link?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, you can use this link to contact me directly for NEW questions Lindsay
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=12299
That is for NEW questions as you need to pay then.
If it is anything to do with this problem, you just reply here on this page like you are doing now as I do not want you paying twice for this one problem.
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via the stars at the top and submit or the smiley faces.