IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

We have a Samsung Smart TV since installation October 2012.

Customer Question

We have a Samsung Smart TV since installation October 2012. We have been enjoying watching the programmes we missed on "Catchup" BBC IPlayer.
Up till now we understand that we are receiving these independently from computer connection, as we do not need to work downstairs on our computer itself. A few days ago our IP player went down and displayed the following messages:
Searching for wireless router
Select your wireless router from the list
And our selected router (modem/server) is Netgear which we gave
Refresh
Add Network WPS (PBC)
Previous
Next
Cancel
We hit Netgear and next
Enter Security key
Our technician left on our file: Key WPA-PSK and of course we have a password
We have been pondering the possible cause of this IP shutdown (to do with our router?) We are not technical, so have given the facts as we have unravelled.
them.
Can you help us get our IPlayer functioning again, and the steps we should follow to remedy this situation?
Many thanks Elaine and ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is correct, the TV gets the internet directly, and it appears it lost the connection.
But when you entered the security key and press next it should have then restored internet.
What happened when you did this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When we put in our security number we still have problems. We tried several times. Message was that the Samsung Wireless Connection LAN connected press start to configure your wireless settings

Network is not connected check network settings to use internet

There is also mention to plug in network cable. We are at a loss to understand where we have gone wrong. Would appreciate more guidance please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard - I have sent my information to Customer Services and would be glad if you would contact me by Email in an attempt to solve this problem.

I see that you received my answer to your question "What happened when you inserted the Security Key" The answer briefly is: Nothing, and as you will see from my earlier response we tried several things to solve this. In my email to customer services I have re-explained this.

Regards ***** ***** Howard

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The response I received from Richard to my question was to say

When you put in the security number that should have re-connected the network. I have explained in detail what we did in this respect both to Richard and to Customer Services that the network did not reconnect when we put in the security number even though we tried several times.

Clearly we want to know why this was and I even suggested what we thought might be the case, eg this seems to be an incorrect number, but we have no other. How can we remedy this situation No one has come back to us with any suggestions. So we are still in the same difficult situation.

I have decided to leave you to come back to me with something positive, then we can consider that you at least have tried to answer the question. We are prepared to wait until Monday.

That is final. Elaine and ***** *****

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro.

Since it is possible that the TV is refusing the network key (password), let me know if there is any other device that you had connected to the same wireless network using the same network key (password).

For example, a computer, phone, tablet, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello - Sorry not to have responded to you. We have been considering your suggestion re the rejection by the TV of our password. Tomorrow afternoon a technical friend is coming to us and we will ask if he can think about this too. We would like to contact you with anything which may be helpful. Do hope that is OK. Can you confirm please.

Many thanks Elaine Howard

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Elaine!

If a technical friend is coming to your house to check the problem, I am sure you won't need my assistance.

My suggestion was to verify the wireless network key (password) by connecting another wireless-enabled device, such as computer, phone or tablet. It is possible that the password ***** been changed, so that would explain why the TV suddenly refuses to take the password.

Should you require my assistance, let me know here.

Regards,
IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

I am following up with you to check the status of the problem.

Let me know if the TV is now able to connect to the wireless network, or the problem is still there?