Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

After a few weeks of non use I have put my kindle on charge

After a few weeks of non use I have put my kindle on charge but the front sheet telling me that my battery is empty has not disappeared. I have slid the power key across and held it for 15 seconds but that is not having any effect.
Can you help me please?
Brian Le Vesconte
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Please try this on your Kindle>remove the kindle from the case if you have it in one, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then release. Then place the kindle on a known good working wall outlet charger for 15 minutes.After the device has been on charge for 15 minutes repeat the reboot, then press the power button to restart your Kindle>
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Randy

I have the unit currently on charge but the "charging" light went out after

only a few seconds.

Brian

Okay, try the forced reboot a few times while connected to the charger.