John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Unable to use Google Chrome. Got 'security shield' and cannot

Unable to use Google Chrome. Got 'security shield' and cannot load
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma'am what happens when you try to open pages in Google Chrome?Does it show any error message?Do you mean you are trying to load security shield? because its a rouge/malware program.Which is the anti-virus installed in the PC?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Most of the time nothing happens! Sometimes get the error message 'He's dead, Jim' The anti-virus is Norton

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for replying back to me.Are you currently communicating to me from the problematic PC using Internet explorer?When did this problem started also did Chrome used to work on this PC ?Sincerely,john
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I am on the laptop now,and using IE. Chrome worked fine until 2 days ago

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that's fine.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=deb41060-a63b-4409-9799-6a9ea91161d6 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.