Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My new Canon Pixma 2950S works OK on-line but I cannot get

My new Canon Pixma 2950S works OK on-line but I cannot get it function in wireless mode.Have verified network and hub settings.
Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Was the printer connected to wireless before.
How is it connected now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it has been connected wirelessly before but I have since connected a new BT Hub and made all the new network connections.

It is now connected on line to my MacBook Pro.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
It is recommended to clear all the previous LAN settings in the Printer.
You should re-enable wireless LAN board in the printer, after that it is recommended to disable the IPv6 settings of the printer.
Please follow the steps below in order to Reset the LAN settings of your printer>
Starting from your printer’s home screen> [Setup] -> [Device Settings] -> [Reset Setting] -> [LAN Settings Only] -> at the question please press [Yes] and OK. -> Setting is done Press [Home] to get back to your home screen.
Please follow the steps below in order to Enable the Wireless of your printer>
Starting from your printer’s home screen> [Setup] -> [Device Settings] -> [LAN Settings] -> [Change wireless/wired] -> [Wireless LAN Active] -> Setting is done Press [Home] to get back to your home screen.
Please follow the steps below in order to disable the IPv6 settings of your printer>
Starting from your printer’s home screen> [Setup] -> [Device Settings] -> [LAN Settings] -> [Other Settings] -> [TCP/IP Settings] -> [IPv6] -> at the question please press [Yes] and OK. -> [Enable/Disable IPv6] -> Select [Disable] and press OK -> Setting is done Press [Home] to get back to your home screen.
At this point it is better to restart your router in the right order, before you reconnect your printer.
When you restart the router, it would be important to follow the steps below in order to get it right.
Please disconnect all of your network devices from the router, and turn off the printer by the on off button on the control panel of the printer (do not turn off by the mains, or disconnect the mains lead). Turn off your computer and the router.
Once all is off, please wait for at least a minute, and turn on the devices in the following order>
1) Router
2) Wait at least 1-2 minutes to make sure that the router is fully up and running.
3) Turn on the Printer -> this is when you should connect the printer to the network, by following the steps in the connection guide.
4) Wait till is fully loaded and connected to the network (should not take too long)
5) Turn on your computer and reconnect all other network devices.
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michelle

Thanks for your response. I have reset all the LAN settings for the printer.

Only one problem with your instructions - the Canon 2900 series does not have a home screen

Over to you

Jim

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
There must be "menu" button instead of home, please confirm the buttons as different models have different buttons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michelle

These are the buttons appearing on the left of the 2950 from top to bottom

1. On/off

2. Wireless available indicator button (blue)

3. Small light with emblem beside containing electrical symbol (lightning)

4. Small light with emblem beside B

5. Small light with emblem beside C

6. Stop button

7. Select black copy

8. Select colour copy

Even the installation info does not tell you what these are for

Best wishes

Jim

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please let me know the version of macosx on your macbook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michelle

I am running OSX10.6.8

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please open the below link by typing it in the address bar of your browser's window
http://tinyurl.com/ndsydg3
in the page that opens click on the download button
save and run the file
it will start the installation of the printer again
when it asks for type of connection, select wireless and follow onscreen steps and if it suggests any steps to be done on the printer follow them as well
let me know if the printer is able to get connected to the wireless router or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michelle

Yes, all is working well now - thank you.

This machine certainly points out that the cheapest is certainly not the best!

Jim