Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I'm having issues with my mac mailbox (gmail accounts). No

I'm having issues with my mac mailbox (gmail accounts). No emails are sending from my macbook but they are sending from my iPhone and iPad. Additionally, one of my gmail accounts isn't receiving any mail on my computer but again all fine on my mobile devices. I've checked all the account info and all seems to be fine in terms of configuration.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Gmail issues. Are you getting some error message when sending fails? Also, are you receiving emails in the Mac just fine?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, No I'm not getting an error message the mails are just sitting in my outbox.

I'm receiving mails no problem except from one of my gmail accounts. I have 4 linked to my mailbox.

Best wishes,

Gwyneth.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gwyneth,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the Mail program while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm a bit worried about the security issues around giving you remote access, is it possible to fix the problem without it?

Thanks,

Gwyneth.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gwyneth,

I understand your concern and yes we can proceed in this manner of message exchange.

Now, please check your preferences for the problem Gmail account. What is the listed SMTP server there? What port is it using or set?

Also, please empty the Outbox folder so that you can test sending emails.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm having problems sending from all gmail accounts but the listed SMTP server for the one I'm having issues also receiving mail is Gmail and it's using Port 993

Gwyneth

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me the name of the SMTP server that it is using.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

smtp.gmail.com

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please try to use 587. Save the changes, empty the Outbox folder, then send a test email to yourself and see if it went through or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've done this but the email is just sitting in my outbox as with all the others.

Can you tell me where I should be changing the port to, in order to make sure I'm doing it right?

Gwyneth.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You need go to the list of SMTP servers, select your gmail SMTP there and you shall see the ports. It can be using a default port set, but you can specify 587 in the box.

Also, when you do a test send, in the email message there is also an option as to which SMTP server to use. Make sure that you use the SMTP server that you modified.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where do I find the list of SMTP servers?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please refer to this link:
https://it.umn.edu/configure-gmail-apple-mail-mac-os-x-108

In that page, in #3 you see a screen shot showing a drop down list of SMTP servers. Click on that, then click Edit SMTP Server List.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** see where to specify which SMTP to use when I send an email?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
When you write a new email, depending on the version of your Mail app, below the subject line, you will see the option to select which SMTP to use. Just make sure that you are using the SMTP of the Gmail account that you modified.For intance, if you have 4 gmail accounts there, if you are working on Gmail1, make sure you send using Gmail1.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** that and sent a test mail and it's still just sitting in my outbox!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How many accounts you have there? Are they all Gmail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Four; two are gmail, one is godly and the other is done through google apps.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
All the 3 others are working and only this Gmail is having this sending issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I can't send from any of them but only the one gmail (the one we've been discussing) is also not able to receive any mails on my macbook.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
So the other 3 cannot send but can receive, and this one gmail we are trying to fix can receive but cannot send?I believe there are several settings issues in your Mail app so I suggest if we can do the remote access.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please do not worry about the security since you will be watching everything on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok and once you've logged out you can't log back in again?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, once I disconnect, I can't reconnect without your permission. We will be using a legitimate tool.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok let's go for it then

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I already sent the formal additional service offer. Please accept it so that we can start the remote session. You will then receive the steps to join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where does the formal offer come to?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please check your page there, at the top or at the bottom you shall see the offer. If needed, you might need to refresh the page to see the offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry nothing. I had a pop-up saying I had an additional services request but when I clicked on it I just came back to this page!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please try to refresh the page and see if you can see the offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still nothing! What does the offer look like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It keeps asking me if I want to view request, I click on the button to view it and I just come back to this page.

Very frustrating!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let us do the remote session now and then I can help you accept the offer so that we can continue with the session. Here are the steps to join me in the remote session and we will use the tool called JoinMe:Go to this URL below:https://join.me/In that page, click on the orange "Start Meeting" and then download the remote access tool.After downloading, locate the downloaded file and double click on it to run itThen you shall see a 9-digit code in the small JoinMe window, please give me that code so that I can connect to your Mac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

995-601-906

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Connecting now, please do not close JoinMe
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am now connected. Here are the things we need to do. I will now share my screen, just allow or accept it. Then I will request to reverse it so that I can see your screen, then allow it. Ok?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. Your Gmail issues were all resolved through remote help. All emails in your Mail app now can send emails just fine after fixing your SMTP settings.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess