Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

The broadband is very slow and comes and goes. I have been

Customer Question

The broadband is very slow and comes and goes. I have been told it is only about 2 mg.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Who's your Internet Service Provider, e.g. TalkTalk, please? Also, what broadband plan/service have you taken up with them? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sky is the provider. Broadband/talk any time

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK. Now, please open up the following link:www.speedtest.net When the page comes up, click "Begin Test". After the test has completed, check the download speed listed (in mbps) and let me know please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ping 18 145.75 upload 1.22

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, so the download speed shows up as 145.75 MBps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry 14.75

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, that seems reasonable enough; I'm checking your ISP's broadband plans now, and that's around the speed they bundle with the plans. Could you let me know if you are having this slow issue when accessing any specific website, e.g. Youtube? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will do.Do come straight to you next time?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, I can set up a quick remote session now (no extra charge), and check the Broadband issue on your system for you. Do let me know!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5176afc2-7eec-42a8-ad36-33df4180c5d2Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom of your Chrome window.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
It looks like you are some issues with joining the remote session; did you make sure to open up the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded at the bottom of the Chrome window, after joining the session? Do let me know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
It looks like you have gone offline now; do leave me a message when you are available next, and we will take this further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not wish to go ahead with subscription. What do I do?