IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I use Wisecare 365 oln my Laptop. One annoying feature is

Customer Question

I use Wisecare 365 oln my Laptop. One annoying feature is that it removes mySystem Restore Points. How can I prevent it doing this.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

I installed Wisecare 365 without upgrading to Wisecare 365 Pro and noticed that it doesn't delete System Restore points. It doesn't even have an option to do so. All I found regarding System Restore is that it offers creating a restore point by clicking on "Backup" at the top and then on "Create a system restore point".

I went through all tabs and options, however, I couldn't access the "Big Files Manager" option under the "System Cleaner" tab since that one is reserved only for Wisecare 365 Pro.

That option sounds like it scans the hard disk for big files and folders which you can then delete. I suppose you went there and deleted whatever the program listed, so you ended up deleting the system restore points as well.

If you are not sure where exactly you went, you can manually create a system restore point and then go to the "System Cleaner" tab and go through every option there, except "Big Files Manager". Scan and clean everything that the program suggests you. When done, access System Restore and check if you can see the restore point you selected.

I am sure it will be there.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am running the Pro version.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

The default cleaning options in Wisecare 365 won't delete restore points.

I thought you might be running the Pro version, so please manually create a restore point and then use the cleaning options, without accessing the "Big Files Manager" option. Check if the restore point will remain accessible after that.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

Have you tried my suggestion already?

If so, what are the results?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.... I now create a restore point via Backup on Wisecare 365 Pro and then use the system clean. All works fine. Many thanks.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

I am glad it is now working!

Let me know if you require any other assistance.

Regards,
IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
f you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box.

Thanks,
IT Miro