Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

I tried to install windows 10 now it tells me it hasnt loaded

Customer Question

I tried to install windows 10 now it tells me it hasnt loaded correctly and I cannot access my laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. Are you trying to install it using the windows update option?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I Charles

yes

OK there is another way you can install but it would be from disk and is usually error free Microsoft has been having problems with the windows update feature for the upgrade. I am going to send you a link in just a moment to download it and you will have to burn this to disk. Do you have burning capability?
This is the link: Make sure you choose the tool for windows 10 64 bit. It will instruct you on burning it or actually saving it to the hard drive t a folder usually my documents or downloads. You will need to burn the ISO and when it's burnt put the disk in and you can load it from windows. Let me know if you run into problems.http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looks like I'll need to find someone to burn it for me

One you burn it you just put the disk in and it will load and install windows 10 with a lot more ease than the update. I hope that helps you. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi again Charles,

I burned the download, inserted it, ame problem occurred went to advanced options and selected "use a device".

selected EFI DVD/ DROM ot message

system doesn't have any cd/dvd boot option

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've managed to return to previous build but a now having difficulty opening my documents and system is so slow.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Are you back to the original windows you had earlier?Try to run system restore by selecting an old date when windows 7 was working fine.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
For windows 7 click the windows menu button select search type in system restore and hit enter. Now the system restore dialog box will open. click the round circle like radio button which says choose a different restore point and then hit the next button on the next screen or box you will see a check box at the bottom says show more restore point.Click on it to put a check mark on it you will get many old dates click on one of the old date and hit next and now hit finish. The computer will restart on its own while it restart please do not interrupt it will take around 10 mins to get you back to working windows without any problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried system restore but it says there are no restore points. I tried to at least set one but it says I can't due to an error

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
i will opt out as my answer got posted accidentallyi will opt out so that the previous expert may answer it
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me the brand an model number of your laptop?
If you burned your Windows 10 disk using the Microsoft media creation tool then I know the disk is good because I've used it myself. That would mean that in order to boot the disk some minor BIOS changes need to be made on your laptop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Byron

What happened to Charles, with whom I was dealing ?

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. For reasons unknown, Charles has removed himself from your question but I'll do my best to help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k thanks Byron

I have been running a system restore for 2 hours.it's still running, should I forces close it

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Since you paid Charles he's now responsible for continuing with you when he's back online.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have now turned off and on my laptop as system restore seemed to be stuck.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Are you now at your Windows desktop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Put the disk you burned earlier in the drive. Click Start and open Computer. Right click on your CD/DVD drive (the drive with the disk in it) and select Open.
Right click on Setup.exe
This will begin the Windows 10 installation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My disc drive is not showing up now
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Restart the machine and let me know
what is the brand and model number of your PC/laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have restarted it is now installing an update.
It is Packard Bell Easynote TE69KB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok the disc is there but not auto what do I open it with
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Click start and open Computer
Right click the drive with the disk and Open
Right click the setup.exe file and select
Run as Administrator to begin installation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry this makes no sense to me I'm not too savvy
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Is the computer connected to the internet?
If so I can connect in about two hours
And get things started.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is but I won't be here until after 9PM
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I'll contact you then. Thanks.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Please post a short reply when you are available and I'll reply ASAP. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Byron,
I've just got in, had a puncture 40 miles away and no spare tyre.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. From the laptop click this link www.teamviewer.comyou should reach the page in the attachmentOnce there click Join Remote Control SessionA download will begin. Allow it to Run/DownloadWhen the program has loaded a window will appear on your screenI need the numbers for YOUR ID and PASSWORDPlease enter them in a reply below and I will connect to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm here now
ID 468(###) ###-####
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. I think I may not have the time zones correct. It's now 5:40 AM my time. I tried the Teamviewer connection. I believe it timed out. Please run the Teamviewer link once again. It should give you a new password ***** retaining the same ID.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4262
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Connecting now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
8558
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. If the download has completed I'll get started on the disk. I just need a new Teamviewer password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just finished 6709
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this computer has become so slow
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Connecting now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2643
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Connecting now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to go out for a few hours, it is still upgrading. I'll mail you when I'm back.
Cheers
David
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem. Let it run it's course. Let me know later. Thanks for the update. I hope your tyres hold out today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Byron,
It's loaded and running fine thanks, ***** ***** as well. Many thanks for sorting it.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thanks David. That's great to hear.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Can your run Teamviewer on the machine and send me the ID and Password? There's a couple of things I'd like to check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
468(###) ###-####
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Connecting
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
All looks good. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Order ID:15499488-200 Please ensureCustomeris the man to be paid for this. Richard left me with no solution.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I'll forward this appropriately.