IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a surface pro 3 and just upgraded

hello
I have a surface pro 3 and just upgraded for windows 10.
My computer does not work anymore
after I log in, the next screen is the desktop but with no apps. the screen is blinking and I cannot do anything.
Have you heard of this and what should be done ?
Thierry
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

When you power on your Windows 10 computer, do you see the logon screen where you need to select your user account and type the password, or it automatically takes you to desktop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see the logon screen and when I have put in my password ***** takes me to the desktop without the icons and the screen starts flashing

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.

The problem is incompatible graphics card drivers.

To solve the problem, you will need to access the Windows 10 repair options. You can do that right from the logon screen.

So, restart the computer and when you come to the logon screen, don't type your password, but click on the power icon located in the bottom right corner. Once you have clicked that icon, press and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, and while still holding, click on Restart. Continue to hold the Shift key until you see a blue screen that says "Choose an option".

Let me know once you come to that screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on that blue screen

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on the blue screen with the options

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Good.

Please click on "Troubleshoot", then on "Advanced Options", and then on "Startup repair".

The computer will restart and access the Startup Repair screen. There click on your user account and type the password ***** order to continue.

After that, wait for a few moments and you will see the results of the Startup Repair.

Let me know what they say.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the startup repair asks me for a recovery key

I do not know where to get this

Also can we speak on Skype or the phone ?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I am unable to call you.

We can use this chat mode.

Are you asked to insert the Windows 10 recovery disc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

I have a blues screen which says Start Up repair

Enter recovery key to get going again (Keyboard Layout: United kingdom)

The there is a blank space o put the key number.

Below the blank space, the is a sentence which says

"To retrieve key go to http://eindows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from another PV or mobile. In case you need it the key ID is xxxxx

Drive label : [My drive name is ***** *****]

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
It looks like your computer is protected with the BitLocker.

Let's try another repair method.

Restart the computer and repeat the steps to go to the blue screen. There click on "Troubleshoot", then on "Advanced Options", and then on "Startup Settings".

On the "Startup Settings" screen, click Restart.

The computer will restart and you will be shown several choices.

Press F4 to go to Safe Mode. Let me know if your computer could access the Safe Mode. You should see a black background there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Miro
How can we chat more real time ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
We can use a remote desktop connection program that has built-in chat in real time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok how shall we do that ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I can remotely connect to your working computer and we can use the chat box to chat in real time.

We can use TeamViewer. Here is how to start it:

1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com

2. Just below the green Download button, click on the Join Remote Control Session link

3. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS

4. When started, you should see a blue window that contains numbers - ID and Password ***** type those numbers here so that I can connect

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sure

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I can't connect without the ID and Password.

If you still require assistance with the original problem, let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still require assistance with the problem
Can you or somebody help me
Thierry
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

Since it looks like a problem with the incompatible graphics card drivers, I can provide the instructions how to disable those drivers so that you can start Windows 10 and access desktop normally.

Please confirm if you can access the Safe Mode by doing the following:

1. Start your computer and go to the logon screen

2. On the logon screen, don't type your password, but click on the power icon located in the bottom right corner. Once you have clicked that icon, press and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, and while still holding, click on Restart. Continue to hold the Shift key until you see a blue screen that says "Choose an option"

3. On the "Choose an option" screen, click on Troubleshoot, then on Advanced Options, and then on Startup Settings

4. On the "Startup Settings" screen, click Restart

5. The computer will restart and you will be shown several choices. Press F4 to go to Safe Mode

Let me know if you see desktop in Safe Mode.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again!

Were you able to access Safe Mode per my instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I still do not have an answer for this question and have paid 42gbp...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again!

Do you still experience the same blinking problem?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
If the same blinking problem is still there, you will need to refresh the Windows 10 installation since the instructions I provided for repairing Windows 10 didn't work.

Here are the instructions on how to refresh the Windows 10 installation:

1. First, go to the Windows 10 logon screen. To do that, just restart the computer

2. Once you see the logon screen, do not select your user name or type anything, but look in the bottom right corner of the logon screen. You should see 3 icons. If you don't see any icons, then just click anywhere on the logon picture and then check again

3. Click on the power icon and then press and hold down the Shift key, and while still holding, click on Restart

4. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Choose an option screen

5. On that screen, click on Troubleshoot

6. On the next screen, click on Reset this PC

7. On the next screen, click on Keep my files

8. The computer will restart. Follow the instructions to proceed with the reset. It will take up to 30 minutes

9. When done, the computer will restart and the blinking will go away
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will implement and revert

Best regards

Thierry

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.In case you encounter problems, I am here to help you further.Regards,IT Miro