Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Cannot programme phone into my car which is three years old.

Cannot programme phone into my car which is three years old. Could programme old Nokia in but this one does not want to be recognised. Car is a BMW X3. Advice would be good. Phone is of course bluetooth and a 225 dual sim.
Thankyou
***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.What is the make and model number of the phone you want to pair with your BMW X3 Series car.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
check this video and follow the steps to pair your phone to the car.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wdzbGEJVeM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nokia 225

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
did you watch the Youtube video attached above how you can pair the phone to your car.Please make sure the bluetooth on the phone is enabled and then follow the bluetooth pairing on your car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We do know how to do this and we also connected a windows phone yesterday. The new Nokia does not appear to be finding the car which suggests that it may have something wrong with its recognition. my previous Nokia connected quite happily.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you have to make sure the phone bluetooth is on then you can try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it was on it tried to pair but said it could not see the car. It could see my husbands windows phone which we then turned off in case it was causing confusion

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Try connecting your husband phone and let me know if that connects fine then we will be able to identify that the problem is with the phone bluetooth or there is a sync problem with the car bluetooth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we did connect the other phone and successfully called from it

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming, the phone has a problem and not the car bluetooth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok so what does that mean? Do I have to go back to the shop and return it?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
open the phone back cover and remove the sim card, put the battery in and turn on the phone
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
enter the code *#7370 it will ask you for security code enter 12345 or 00000 it will reset the phone to factory defaults power it off and insert the sim and restart it and now connect and check if it connects fine or not. Make sure the bluetooth on the phone is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where do i enter the code?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
after you remove the sim card from the phone and then you turn it back on after you see the nokia logo then you enter on the keypad.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
chcek this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU9BIvUkDOg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Michelle I have done this and restored the settings - Do I need to retry with the car now?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if you have follow the reset steps on the phone now you will have to try pairing the car to the phone.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If the phone connects then its good or else you will have to get it replaced as its under warranty. Let me know if you have any question.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley or you might get start symbols to click on and submit. Thank you.