John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have just switched to BT Home Hub 5 Infinity. Now my Canon

I have just switched to BT Home Hub 5 Infinity. Now my Canon MG4150 printer won't wirelessly connect to my Sony laptop. Laptop says printer is offline when it's switched on as normal. The Infinity seems to work OK with all the other gadgets.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you betterWhich is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any otherDo you have the installation disc that came with the Printer?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you John.

My system is Windows 7.

I have the installation disc for Windows that came with the printer.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.do you know the wi-fi password ***** your network ?When you right click on the printer can you see the option make it default printer?Have you tried installing the printer using the wi-fi option in the installation disc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't tried your suggestions but have written them down. It might take me some time - I'm not very computer savvy. I know the wi-fi password ***** BT Infinity, if that's what you mean.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is the password ***** meant.If you want i can remote access to your PC and check the issues directly and do the necessary.Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Shall I try first? A friend is visiting here soon who can probably comply with your answer if I can't make it work. If the printer still won't connect, can I contact you again after that?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sure no problem.Here is what all you need to do1.Insert the printer disc2.it will ask whether you want to use wi-fi or usb select wi-fi from it then follow the on-screen instruction which will ask forwi-fi password ***** that then it will install the driver for the printer and connect to your wi-fi network3.Check in devices and printers that the Canon MG4150 printer is set as default printerIf that doesn't work please let me me know and we will try other options.Please do let me know the statussincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you John very much indeed for such clear instructions.

I will try them when my friend comes and contact you again if they don't work. They certainly sound as though they will fix the problem.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.If it worked please rate my services/answer positively using the options just below this box or above this page select the rating and click on submit.If it didn’t work please let me know and we will try other options. Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John