Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Wish to connect new kindle, BTHub 3638 is fine but I do not

Wish to connect new kindle, BTHub 3638 is fine but I do not know password.
Can I set up without this?
Please advise
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
The password ***** you need is on the BT Hub label.You will need your wireless network name (also known as an "SSID") and wireless key to connect computers and wireless devices like tablets, smartphones and games consoles.The BT Hubs all have labels with this information. Check the pictures to see where on your Hub to look. BT Home Hub 5 On the Hub 5 you'll find the network name (SSID) and wireless key on the Hub settings card on the back. This, and other information, is also displayed on a label underneath the Hub. BT Home Hub 4 On the Hub 4 you'll find the network name (SSID) and wireless key on the Hub settings card on the back. This, and other information, is also displayed on a label underneath the Hub. BT Home Hub 3 On the Hub 3 the network name (SSID) and wireless key is on a plastic tab that pulls out from the back of the Hub. This, and other information, is also displayed underneath the Hub. BT Home Hub 2.0 On the Hub 2.0, the network name (SSID) and wireless key is printed on a label on the back of the Hub. In this example, the SSID is BTHomeHub2-ABCD and the wireless key is 1234abcdef. BT Home Hub 1.0 or 1.5 On the Hub 1.0 and 1.5, the network name (SSID) and wireless key is on a label on the back of the Hub. In this example, the SSID is BTHomeHub-022B and the wireless key is ac551a5fed.
*
.
.
Was this step helpful? Please reply if you need more help.
.
.
.
.
.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much
!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have entered Admin Password ***** on Hub HA4EFPA9 but this is rejected.
What can I do now, please?
Use the password ***** is beside wireless key.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still doesn't work.
Could Hub be blocked in some way, needing computer techn. to clear?
I have access to one.
Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>
To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
Tap the Quick Settings icon
Select Wi-Fi.
Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
Your home network should appear in the list.
Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
Then Tap Connect.
In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regret have to go out, will try again tomorrow.
Meanwhile thanks for your advice.
your welcome!
let me know when you return and we will continue.
Thanks!
Experience: Computer specialist