Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

My documents folder in the dock on my mac book pro was

Customer Question

Hi my documents folder in the dock on my mac book pro was been replaced
by a question mark which I dragged out of dock. Can't find document folder by searching although the documents still seem to be there if I search for them by name
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. When did this "automatic change to a question mark" start to happen?Did you install updates recently?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I have not installed any updates I noticed it when I switched on my laptop today not sure when it changed to a question mark sorry

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
When you are in the Finder, do you see your "Documents" folder there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont see the folder but I do see documents that would have been in the folder

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please check your Trash. Is the documents folder shown there in the Trash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I did empty my trash about a week ago though but I think I would have noticed if the question mark was there last week

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please try to do these steps:Open up "Macintosh HD". Navigate to your user directory and locate the Documents folder. When found, drag Documents from there and drop it to your Dock.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How is it going? Were you able to locate the Documents folder in your User directory?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have opened up the HD not sure where user directory is ?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix this problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access.For me to remote in, please do the following:Please go to this link: https://join.meIn that page, click on the orange "Start Meeting" buttonThen allow the download of the remote access toolAfter downloading, double click on the downloaded file to open itThen share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window.Thank you. I will be waiting for the 9 digit code.Regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry will have to do this later or tomorrow is that possible?

I have to leave soon

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, sure. We can resume with this any time until this issue is fixedYou can reply to me any time tomorrow when you are back and available to resume with the remote session.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I am in London and there is a tube strike about happen so if I dont leave now I will be stranded will get back to you tomorrow

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok. Please take your time and take care! Chat with you tomorrow then.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Can I log on to the join me page now?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back. Yes, please download and run JoinMe and then give me the 9-digit code so that I can connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

494-772-211

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please keep that small joinme window open. I am connecting now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your patience. The issue was resolved through remote help. You just need to open the HDD icon on screen, open the Users folder then open your Home directory. There you shall find the Documents folder.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess