Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I cannot connect computer to Davis Pro 2 console the program

Customer Question

I cannot connect computer to Davis Pro 2 console the program report no connection available, what can I do??????????????
Ron How
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure that the datalogger portion of your Davis VantagePro 2 station is working and in good order, by examining it. It plugs into the back of the weather station's display console.
Make sure that the WeatherLink software on your computer is fully up and running.

And, check the cable connecting the Davis VantagePro station to your computer (or perhaps, to your router.)

All three of those are required for the connection to work. I presume that the WeatherLink program is running on your computer, but you need to make sure that the
A. router is On
B. cable from VantagePro station to router or computer is plugged in at both ends, and not cut nor broken along its length
and
C. that the VantagePro station is On, the display shows a good status and the datalogger module is plugged into the back of the display console OK.
D. Also, make sure that the computer is indeed connected to the router... if that were the no-connection-available message's cause, it might be easily remediable.

Let me know what you find out upon examination, and I will advise you further as appropriate.