Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Is it possible to add more memory to a computer that already

is it possible to add more memory to a computer that already has had memory added.the pc has only two slots to put the new memory in & also an engineer has already change one
of the old ones for a new one & i wondered if i did take the other one out & replaced it with a new one,would it be ok?or is there another way of adding it without messing the pcs memory up.it is a old pc about 10-12yrs old
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.Can you please tell me the make and model of that old PC?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

packard bell. vol co2

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Please give me a moment to check your actual PC specification to see if your motherboard can accommodate more RAM
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for patiently waiting. I can' find the series of your Packard Bell model. EasyOne or iMax or iGo or Executive model? Can you please check the series name printed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

xtreme duo6130

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. Please give me a moment to check the system specifications and know the maximum RAM that your computer can take.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for patiently waiting. As per checking your system specifications, your Packard Bell iXtreme Duo 6130 can only take or use 1GB of RAM, that is 1024MB of RAM.Now, if you already have 1024MB of RAM there, then you cannot add more memory to it since your system can no longer detect it.Please check your actual memory count there if it is already 1024MB or less. If it is less, then you can add more to it to equal to 1024MB since it is the maximum.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess