Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I've just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My Touchscreen

Customer Question

I've just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My Touchscreen (that I use a lot) now isn't functioning properly. It won't scroll or enlarge text. I've updated the device driver software. What is the fix here please?
Note - it isn't working on IE, Chrome or Firefox. It was working properly on 8.1
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
Press Windows key + X.Click on Device manager.Select Human Interface Devices.Check if you see any error.Also make sure your touch screen devices are not disabled by going to touch screen driver, right click on it and click on search automatically for updated software driver. If the above doesn't work try this:Windows Key + R and go to control panelType in Troubleshooting then click on itgo to Hardware and Sound then click on itthen follow the troubleshooting steps in the wizard Also keep in mind that not all touch screens are compatible with windows 8 or windows 10. You can also go to the website that has your computer and update drivers from there. Once again Microsoft is saying it is that if you can't get it to work with doing the above then it is not compatible with Windows 8 or 10. If it wasn't working in windows 8.1 then it won't work in Windows 10 I am sorry to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

The steps you've mentioned I have already taken - see my additional notes above re trouble-shooting and updating device drivers.

This notebook is only a few months old - fully functional TouchSmart with 8.1 - not with Windows 10. I've already been on HP drivers site associated with my model and read MS 10 website.

This is why I approached you guys - in case I'd missed something and you had an answer

So - I thankyou for your time and - but you have not fixed the issue. Can you fix it?