John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I cannot scroll down my screen on my pc in firefox or chrome.

Customer Question

I cannot scroll down my screen on my pc in firefox or chrome. It was fine this morning, now I cannot use the scroll bar as it keeps jumping back to the top of the page on the screen. I also cannot use my mouse to scroll as it is doing the same so I literally cannot get to the bottom of a web page on my screen.
When I use the control key to click on a link, instead of it opening in a new tab, it is increasing the screen size to 300%.
What can I do to get the settings back to normal?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you. Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you better1. Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Isit windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other.To increase or reduce the print size of web pages please press and hold CTRL key and tap + (plus key) and to reduce again hold down the CTRL key and tap - (minus key) see if that works and let me know also see if the page scrolls normally after reducing the print size.Please let me know the status.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I have Windows 7 and have been decreasing the size using the toolbar at the top right of firefox.

When I click on the CTRL key it automatically increases to 300% as soon as I touch the key.

When I have reduced the size using the tool bar, the scrolling still does not work.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the details.If you are using the mouse scroll wheel/button while holding the CTRL key that will also increase/decrease the print size.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thats fine

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a8a2c167-3b5a-498d-8681-2975b4a5a19c that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
It seems i got disconnected from remote session.Is there any problem with internet connection?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Replying to you now

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
You are in the correct page now see if there is offer from the expert showing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No offer showing

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
In that case please come to the remote PC which we worked
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
OK i have disconnected now you can accept the offer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you resend the offer now

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just accepted.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
It got processed thank you very much.Have a Great God Blessed Day.Take care and byeSincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again for your help. I will be sure to try you next time I have PC issues.

Do you need me to rate your answer?

My name is ***** ***** the way in case we speak again in the future.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the misunderstanding Ma'am.
No need to rate me because when you accept the offer rating is done too.
Glad to know that you are happy with the service i provided.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,
John