dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Samsung UE40F6670 SBXXU 40 inch tv Bought this tv 17/08/2013,

Samsung UE40F6670 SBXXU 40 inch tv
Bought this tv 17/08/2013, in the last few days it has a black shadow across the middle of the screen, can this be repaired?
Category: Computer
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Does this happen while watching all different types of inputs, (IE, HDMI, TV, DVD PLAYER, etc.)? Or does it happen particulary while watching certain things?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all inputs any program

I understand. So in this case the LED screen on the TV has malfunctioned...if it was only happening on certain inputs it would be the controller board, which isn't too hard/expensive to fix. Replacing the LED screen wouldn't be worth it in my opinion though...
I could locate a Samsung service center near you if you want to have it assessed...but as I mentioned it might make more sense just to purchase another TV.
You would probably be looking at upwards of 500 to repair it while you could probably replace the set for right around there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you, ***** ***** I thought.

No problem. Any additional questions regarding this? If not, please do rate with positive feedback with the stars above, would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer, and have a great day!