Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Samsung rf710 clean install of widows 7. have tried updating

Customer Question

Samsung rf710 clean install of widows 7. have tried updating to win 10 using direct update, burning the iso to dvd and also downloading to usb pendrive, all to no avail. all load then freeze at the win 10 boot screen. 0xc1900101-ox20017 error.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi Norman. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. After you did the clean Win 7 install, but before you did the Win 10 install, was Win 7 updated with all available Windows Updates and all device drivers on the machine updated?

Are you still able to boot up in to Windows 7?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All windows updates are up to date. As far as I am aware all device drivers are up to date.

After upgrade freezes, forced shutdown required then reboots into int Win 7.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Please click the link below:

Clean Boot Windows

Scroll down to the Windows 7 section and set the laptop up for a clean boot. Restart and

try the install again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Had tried this twice already. Just the same response this time.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Are you installing this from DVD by running the setup.exe file from within Windows 7?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. And also when trying from the usb pendrive.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I was going to suggest booting from the USB drive but since you're already doing that I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I'll opt out and open this up to all the other experts. Maybe one of them has seen this before and has a fix. You'll receive an email notification when one responds.