John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I cannot get access to my Windows 8.1 or to Word. Do I need

I cannot get access to my Windows 8.1 or to Word.
Do I need to Restore. If so how do I do that?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma'am can you login to windows 8.1 if not till what point does windows load?Please specify the full make and model of the PC?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sony VAIO

After logging in a box says: Failed to connect to a Windows service. Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client Service. This problem prevents standard users from signing in.

When I bring up a document in Word it says:

Non-commercial use: Unlicensed product

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.First we can try system restore before we do that are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC?If so do you have another PC or mobile device to chat from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have another pc. I have a mobile phone.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK so i guess you are currently chatting to me from the problematic PC am i correctYou can open your email from your mobile phone and then open the email from justanswer to open this chat page.From that you can chat from your mobile.When did this problem started?In windows 8 press windows key and R key that will open run box in that type rstrui and press enter see if that opens system restore window and let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, John, I'm no good with techy stuff. I have the simplest phone and only text with it.

System Restore Window opens with windows key and R key.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Its OK no worries.Before we continue with system restore let me know when this problem started?Please open your email in the PC and see if there is emails from justanswer and see if you can open this chat page from that email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I opened this chat page from the email.

Prob started about a week ago.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good.Now click on next in system restore window and that will open system restore dates from that select the restore date were your computer worked without any errors then click on next and continue with the restoring process.It may take some time after that it will restart the PC.see if that fixes the issue and let me know using the email from justanswer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi John: the result says:

System Restore did not complete successfully. The restore point was damaged. You can try system restore again and choose a different point, or you can try an advanced method.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.Does it show another restore point where your computer worked fine?If it shows another restore point were your computer worked without error select that restore point and continue with system restoration and let me know the status
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi John:

It says Restore has been successfully completed. Hurrah!

Initial trials seem to indicate that this is so.

Thanks for your help - and patience.

Marion

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Glad to know everything is back to normal after system restore.please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the rating and click on submit.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am checking whether if everything is working fine.If its working normal please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the smiley or star rating and click on submit.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi John: sorry couldn't find this box at first!

Your help was excellent, and you were very patient with a non-techy person.

Marion

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
No problem.Glad to know everything is back to normal.You can rate me for the service i provided using the rating options below this reply box or on the top of this page select the rating using the smiley face or start rating.select the rating and click on submit to process the rating .If you cannot find it please let me know.Sincerely,John