Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When I try to sync schedule and contacts on GS5 with Outlook

Customer Question

When I try to sync schedule and contacts on GS5 with Outlook on my PC, I have several times found the process nearly completes and then I get unknown error and all stops. Help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the process you are using to sync the contacts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kies 3

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John
As the fist step, hold the power button down on the Galaxy until it goes completely off.
Then power it on, connect it to the computer and then try to sych.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Same thing. Gets close to finish, then says unknown error and invites to send a message. I do this, but no response.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
They never respond on those messages.
when was the last time it worked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't remember exactly, but it was some months ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John.
Which version of outlook are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Outlook 2007.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you in outlook go to Tools, Email Accounts.
Then click on Data Files and note the location of your data file.
Once noted, then click start, computer
Go to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
Run the file scanpst.exe
It will ask you for the location to your PST file, this is the file we located just before in this instructions.
Once done, let it do a repair and when complete, restart the computer and try again to sync.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't want to run into more expense, so I will leave it there. Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is optional John, else we continue here, thats no problem, you can do the instructions I gave you and let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I have no dissatisfaction about your service, just feel this is the time to cease. I hope I have been under the 7-day free trial. I have tried to cancel any subscription, and would like to be clear that the £13 on my credit card will not be used.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The deposit you made was for the service I have and am giving you.
I offered an additional service which you declined which is no problem as I explained that was optional.
you just need to do the instructions I gave to you please and tell me the results.