Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a toshiba laptop SATELLITE C50-A-1CK, Serial No YD0888598S.Som

I have a toshiba laptop SATELLITE C50-A-1CK, Serial No YD0888598S.
Sometimes it starts up fine but when I shut it down and try to use the next day the on/off button just flashes white and the screen remains black. I have tried taking the battery out and power mains and held the start button down for apprx 2 minutes, then attached the main power to the laptop [leaving the battery out], however, this did not solve then problem.
If I try to switch on a week later it may turn on but usually it takes about 3 weeks.
I hope you can help me it is driving me mad.
Thank You
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can I ask please, have you added any additional memory to the Laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard,I haven't added any additional memory.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, take out and leave the battery out and then try to use it without a battery connected.
Let me know how it then functions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still won't start the power button is flashing white.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, remove the power cable and hold the power button down for 60 seconds, then release.
Then connect only the power cable and try again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still won't start. I don't know how it starts some times then won't start the next.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** mainboard in the Laptop thats faulting and will be a capacitor that is shorting out. It at times does not reach the charge to short out which is when it starts, but it is intermittent or if it has blown completly now, it will not start again.
We have ruled out all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.