Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Norton security advised I had given Google Chrome access to

Customer Question

Norton security advised I had given Google Chrome access to my network source which I hadn't done.I had a new smart phone (Samsung Galaxy) which I'm learning to use & had been asked that question on that but did not agree to terms - or thought I hadn't. But now i find I have Software Loopback Interface (IP address 127.0.011) / DownLoad Insight analyzed software reporter tool/Intrusion Prevention is monitoring traffic for signatures. Driver version 14.4.0.24/NDIS filtering is enabling - I'm not very good with computers - have I anything to worry about, Please as it is worrying me - something out of the norm. Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you Please let me know that are you facing any difficulty in using the computer or while on the internet once this message pops up
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
The Intrusion Prevention tool is a second layer of defense after the firewall. The intrusion prevention system is a network-based system. If a known attack is detected, one or more intrusion prevention technologies can automatically block it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
The message you get indicates that this added layer of security is being run by Norton.However i would still like to know that are you facing any difficulty in using the computer or while on the internet once this message pops up