Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I bought a kindle paperwhite about 2 years ago and can buy

I bought a kindle paperwhite about 2 years ago and can buy books at amazon but cant get them to download onto kindle. Historically I have had to take them to a colleague who manages to eventually get them downloadwd but I need to be able to understand problem and shop myself. Can you help please.? Liz.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and doownload the books.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did as you said . Screen says 'There was a problem loading this Page ' refer to Kindle Customer Service.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is not a normal error you would get Liz as it refers to a serious hardware problem on the Kindle.
Is this also the error you use to get in the past?
And exactly on which step did you get this error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My colleague used to do download for me and is no longer available. If I remember correctly She would plug into my computer which I have not done yet. She left a note 'To buy a kindle book you need your e-mail user name and password ***** your Amazon ac username and password' Last time she tried she took kindle home to do. !!!!! Does this help you?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Liz.
It means you do not have it connected to wifi.
It is much easier if we just connect it to your wifi network.
You say you have a BT Hub, check it for a label and tell me everything written on the label please.
It will have something like network name, or SSID and Password ***** Security Key ect,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BT HomeHub 3.0 Settings Type A

Wireless neutral/SSID BTHub3 NN8H

Wireless Key ed 832 efcdd

Admin Password *****

Wireless WPS PIN 20523107

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Liz
What you need to do is follow the instructions on my film below to connect your Kindle to your wifi network.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2YEDeZfdjY
The network you connect to is BTHub3 NN8H
And the password ***** (all one word) the wireless key you noted.
Once its connected, the books come direct to the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Have followed video easily. Wi Fi Networks says connected to BTHub3-NN8H . I bought 2 or three books on my computer on Friday last (or my sister said she did it for me at my home . Will these now download and if so how long should it take.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, it should be within an hour now Liz, thats the whole reason for wifi, so the books come directly to the Kindle over it.
I have marked this question to never close, so any issues, just let me know here
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Richard. So is the 'serious hardware problem' now sorted? with nothing to do.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as I mentioned it CAN be :) but the cause was not being connected to wifi which is why that was the first step I did when seeing the error, to rule this out as the cause which it was Liz.
Then entire issue was not being connected to wifi, which we have now sorted.