Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My Lenovo all in one today when I booted it up gave the error

Customer Question

my Lenovo all in one today when I booted it up gave the error message 0cx000021a and I cannot get it to get past the error any suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This sounds like a glitch with the boot up in the system. Sometimes a power reset will be all you need to try.Remove all the connected cables, keyboard, mouse , power cable, etc...Then while all the cables are disconnected, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.Then reconnect the power cable only, then press the power button to power on normally.Then if it powers up normally reconnect the keyboard, mouse, etc...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

same response Computer ran into a problem diagnosing the problem, options restart advanced options just as before

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did as you suggested but back at the same screen options

okay, try this next please>power off the computer, then power back on and press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your screen.Then Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.Right-click the drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now. If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.To perform a thorough check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the drive itself, and it can take much longer to complete.To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.Click Start.To check for memory problemsOpen Memory Diagnostics Tool by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.Choose when to run the tool. If you choose to restart your computer and run the tool immediately, make sure that you save your work and close all of your running programs. The Memory Diagnostics Tool will run automatically when you restart Windows.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it doesn't get to the windows logo I just get the Lenovo logo then it goes through diagnostic and says PC did not start correctly it is a touch screen if that makes any difference?

Okay, this sounds like it may be caused by hardware such as hard drive and unfortunately be a difficult problem to solve and you will need technical help from a computer shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand your response but feel short changed in terms of value £28 to tell me to go to a shop?

I understand, unfortunately if you cant get it to boot to the advanced start after the power reset there is no other options to try without removing the case and hard drive and doing a manual boot.