Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

On Thursday I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and since

Customer Question

On Thursday I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and since then I am unable to do any printing from my HP Deskjet 2050 J510 series. The printer says there is an error and one of the documents in the line for printing has a message saying "deleting" of which I can't remove. How can I get my printer working please? Thanks, CreswellXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the power to the printer so it is powered off, then power off your computer.
Then wait 10 minutes and power on the printer.
Then power on the computer and try then to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

I have done what you advised, but it makes no difference. Still cannot print. The message says "Printer is in an error state".

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you press the magnyfying glass and then type in device and click on Devices and Printers.
In this window, does your printer appear once? Or multiple times?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where can I locate the 'Magnifying Glass' please?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its at the bottom left of the screen now, to the right of the windows logo.
Its the new icon that appeared with Windows 10
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

ID: 323 124 833

Password: 7494

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
sorry it says you closed Teamviewer, you need to leave it open please.
Can you open it again, give me the new password ***** leave it open please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Password: 1854

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

You have helped me to get my printer functioning earlier today, but unfortunately the problem has surfaced again. I can't print and I need my work to do a presentation tomorrow.

Please help me again.

Many thanks.

Creswell.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Creswell
Sorry to hear about that
Let me know when you are online please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

Good morning. I am on line awaiting your help once again.

Thanks,

Creswell.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you run Teamviewer and give me the password ***** ID again to connect please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID: 323 124 833

Password: 2205

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
.thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

I have restarted and still can't print.

Creswell

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you run Teamviewer again and give me the password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Password: 2205

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****, You helped to solve the problem of printing earlier today, but unfortunately the problem has re-occured and I am unable to print. Please help me as I need my work to do a presentation tomorrow. Many thanks, Creswell.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ytes I am on your computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have logged on again, Richard. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and now if you connect the printer and print?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Richard, this is now working.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much indeed. The printer is working again.

Kind Regards,

Creswell Green (Bishop)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!