Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have downloaded Windows10 and now have no sound from my computer

Customer Question

I have downloaded Windows10 and now have no sound from my computer although the speakers etc are still working an I can receive Emails but cannot reply to them or send an Email to a contact
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To check, is this a HP computer? If not what is the make and model of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a Dell computer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ken
If you plug the headphones into the headphone socket on the computer, do you then head sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have headphones, but the Computer is a Dell Inspiron 560/560s.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can I connect and see if I can hear the sound via my computer.
Reason is Ken there is a compatability problem that has been noted with windows 10 and I can know if this is the case for you easily with this test.
To allow me to connect
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***

etak3006

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry thats for your email Ken.
I need you please to do the instructions I gave which is repeated below
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when you have the ID and password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard.What is the ID you require?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You get it when you do my instructions, the ones I am giving.
take the time and carefully follow the instructions and you get the ID and Password ***** give to me.
I have repeated them below for you
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Team viewer will not let me close it.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to close it, leave it open please Ken and give me the ID and Password ***** is giving you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID 333 981 182

Password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

333 981 182

53qa6p

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ken,
I connected yesterday and was on your computer for a very long time but you did not seem to be there or you were not responding.
Anyway the issue which I left as a message for you on the computer is the windows 10 upgrade is not compatible with your sound driver.
This is an issue that has been occurring and your only option to get sound again is to reverse the Windows 10 upgrade. It will not adversely effect the computer and to do this you will do the following.
open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ or “Go back to Windows 8.1″ option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install.
This will get sound working again.
Let me know the results please