Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

When I attempt to send an email through Microsoft outlook it

When I attempt to send an email through Microsoft outlook it just goes to my outbox and does not get sent. What am I doing wrong? This has only been happening these last two days. If I send an email as a reply to one I have received then it goes OK. Grateful for help David XXXXXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Are you on Mac or Windows?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows

On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive, and then click the name of the account from which you want to send the message. Does it go out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where is the tools menue?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where is the tools menu

https://www.outlook-apps.com/wp-content/uploads/Outlook-offline.png
Just find Send & Receive sorry
Do you see any error message?
Sorry the site had a hiccup. Why did you rate me already I just started? Did you find Send & Receive?
make sure you don’t have the habit to preview / open / click on Outbox emails: your Outbox emails should be unread (marked with bold & italic) otherwise Outlook will not send the email and it will be stuck in your Outbox folder. Check your Outbox emails:— if the email is bold and italic, then it is ready to be sent;— if the email is just marked with bold, then it was read;— if the email is not marked with bold or italic, then the email was read and edited. As in the following screenshot, only the first email (with the subject “Unread email”) is going to be sent by Outlook while the other emails will stay in the Outbox folder: To re-arm an Outbox email, simply double click on it to edit it, then click again on the Send button.
What is the problem? Are you trying any of this?
You are not giving me any info except bad ratings... that does not help me to help you... should I opt out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have replied and sent you further info. I have double clicked on the outbox item and then send and it has still not gone ?

I am not getting your messages sorry...who is you email provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean email provider? I am not very familiar with computors. I receive my broadband through British Telecom

No your email is it yahoo or gmail or what. What is the part after the @ symbol?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

btinternet.com

What version of Outlook are you using? Office 2010, 2013 etc...?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

office 2010

Go here and run this tool: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9757459
Then restart the computer and open Outlook
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried this and installed "fixit" but it said it couldn't.

ok then restart the computer and open Outlook
To clear stuck email, follow these stepsIn Outlook, click the Send/Receive tab, and then click Work Offline. Note: This stops Outlook from trying to send all email messages.Select the Outbox. You can now:Move the message: Move the message to the Drafts folder. You can either drag the message to the Drafts folder or you can right-click the message, select Move, select Other Folder, and then select the Drafts folder from the list. Note: This enables you to open the large email message, and remove, resize and re-add the attachments before you try to resend the email message again.Delete the message: Right-click the message and select Delete. IMPORTANT: If you receive this message "Outlook is transmitting the message" close Outlook and wait for it to exit. You may have to use Task Manager in Windows to make sure that the Outlook.exe process is completed. Restart Outlook again and repeat the previous steps to either move or delete the email message. Click the Send/Receive tab, and then click Work Offline to de-select it. This restarts your connection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is very complicated and a bit beyond me !!! I just think I am going to take my computer to some local expert and let him/she sort it all out. Or perhaps buy a new computer.

Yes that is why I wanted to connect by remote... ok. You gave me bad ratings is that what you wanted to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Mac. I am very sorry but I just don't trust anybody in my computer as I hear such stories. I have not solved this outlook problem at all and still can not send an email. But it is not your fault so I will put an ok face so you can get paid. Tomorrow I will go to buy a new computer and get someone to install new softwear and not transfer anything from this computior and loose everything I have ever done on it and start with a clean slate. I probably get a new "provider" and a new name and start life again. Thanks David. Not your fault you are probably a real good guy.

Ok thanks good luck