Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy Trend GT S7580 phone. I cannot make

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Trend GT S7580 phone. I cannot make or receive calls on this phone. It is showing the message, " Possible network problems or invalid MMI code". I have spoken to my mobile network supplier (Vodafone) without success. Is there a fix for this problem.
regards
Fred Graham
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery from the phone and good it back in so it is completly off.
Once the phone is switched of completely wait for few seconds and press "Power" button to switch it back on.
Now press and hold the "Vol Down" button once you see your phone model number on the screen.
Once your phone is booted up it will be automatically go to the "Safe Mode".
Please check the below screen shot for the "Safe Mode" water mark on the left corner of your Galaxy Smartphone "Home Screen".
Then tell me if you can now call
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Richard,

Followed your instructions three times but still unable to make a call.

Didn't see the Safe Mode water mark

regards

Fred

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Fred,
This means there is a firmware issue occurring, explains the initial issue as well.
We will have to reset the phone. This is going to remove all data and return the phone to new, but this cannot be avoided sorry, so backup any photos ect you need first.
Then do the following
At the beginning switch off the cell phone by pressing the Power key.
Make sure it is completely off
Afterwards press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button for a while.
Release held keys when the Samsung Logo appears on the screen
Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
Choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the whole operation.Reset
After that select option "reboot system now".
It will then restart and you can setup the phone again.
tell me please if it then functions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Richard,

The reboot worked ok thanks. It wasn't too painful as I use this phone mainly for voice and my contacts were stored on the sim card. Also useful to set up the phone as I wanted and not the way the guy in the shop did it when I bought it originally. Many thanks.

regards

Fred

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Fred!
If you ever need anything else, please let me know