Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When i switch on my Kindle Fire a home page appears with the

when i switch on my Kindle Fire a home page appears with the date etc: but is frozen--it will not swipe across from right to left. what shoulld I do . I've switchedit off and back on several times without any change. Tony Needham
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and try to use it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did whatyou said ---sorry still stuck

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did it turn off when you did this Tony?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.