IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have just bought a MG7550 and installed it on a Windows 10

I have just bought a MG7550 and installed it on a Windows 10 system. I am using Microsoft Publisher 2010 to produce a side-fold booklet and this has proved no problem over the last 3 years with my previous Canon MP540 but now I cannot persuade this new printer to print the correct size document. all other printing seems to be alright.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
During the time that has elapsed since I posted my question I have managed to solve it myself, so need no further help on that topic.
However I have another problem which is that when using Yahoo mail Via the Chrome browser I find I cannot upload any attachments. I have followed the instructions given for error 18 but so far without success. can you help on this subject?
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 2 years ago.
are you using a yahoo mail plugin for chrome or web browser based email is causing the issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I use Yahoo mail from the UK Yahoo.com web site
What version of Chrome?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but how do I find that out - I'm afraid you're dealing with someone who is not greatly computer savvy
Type about:version in the address bar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
44.0.2403.155 (Official Build) m (32-bit)
type chrome://chrome/ into your address bar. See if it tells you to update.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It Tells me Google Chrome is up to date.
Sorry if there are delays in our conversation as my time at my desk is very limited during the week.
Try the following.Click Customize Chrome | select History.- The "History" window appears.Click Clear browsing data.- The "Clear browsing data" window appears.In the "Obliterate the following items from" drop-down menu, select the beginning of time.Select:Cookies and other site and plug-in dataCached images and filesClick Clear browsing data.Restart Chrome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that with no effect.
I have the problem even if I run Chrome with Firefox.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem must be with Yahoo mail
Yeah must be. Tried everything I could think of causing it. Sorry i wasn't able to solve the problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does that mean I've paid £21 to get nowhere?
I'm sorry you original question was answered. You piggy backed another question to original which is not aloud. I was assisting to be nice anyways. I beleive the issue with yahoo. I'm sorry i was not able to assist with the second question .
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more.
Do you still require assistance with the Google Chrome / Yahoo! Mail issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do very much, I seem to have hit a brick wall and I do not have the knowledge or ability to go further.
It did happen once before, some time ago and I cleared the history and browsing data and that seemed to fix it. This time it doesn't respond to anything I try, it's been a month now. I can work round the problem using Drop box and e-mailing the appropriate link but that is far from ideal.
My time at my desk is limited at the moment so you may find my response times a bit erratic but I do want to find out what is going on so I can handle it in the future.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.
Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.
Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do we do that
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I can provide the instructions on how to download and start remote desktop assistance program on your computer.
Let me know when you are available so I can send you the instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll have an hour or 2 tomorrow morning - Wednesday evening - Friday evening then Saturday morning.
Similar times next week but including Monday morning.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, let's try tomorrow morning.
Send me a message here and I will reply with further instructions.
Regards,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
See you tomorrow then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
8.00 am I am now at my desk and await your instructions
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! I forgot that you are in the UK. I thought you were in the USA. Are you available now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Great! Let's establish remote desktop assistance then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, fire away
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Here are the instructions: Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4a7c813f-6077-4da3-8102-60a6cb5d085cClick the link and then click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Connected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Back again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried again and failed again
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! I am sorry it failed again. I am not sure if the problem is with the computer or with the router (Internet connection). Do you have access to another computer or Internet connection to test there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only my phone
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I see. Is it possible for you to go to another place where you can connect to another wireless network, such as public WiFi spots, and check there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Probably but I'm not going to be able to give it much more time today. I will try tomorrow when I am at my sons house. Could we get back in touch on Thursday? If so what time would be convenient?
If there continues to be a problem I'm inclined to give up and work round it. It has taken far too much of both our times and I can see that you have tried everything possible and must be running out of inspiration.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I have tried many things and everything have failed. Please test at another place and let me know the results here, whenever you can. I will then respond to you as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, are you in England or America?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
USA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'll compensate for the time difference. Thank you for your help so far. Before I retired I was a service engineer for domestic appliances and I know how frustrating it can be to get a problem that won't respond to you trying to fix it.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
We need to find the cause of the problem first, so that will allow us to solve the problem. Currently, it could either be your computer or your Internet connection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have successfully sent an e-mail with an attachment from my phone using Yahoo mail and a different wi-fi source. This would seem to point to the fault being my own router.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again!
Thanks for letting me know that it worked using another Internet connection.
Yes, the problem seems to be with your Internet connection (your router). For that reason, you can reset the router to factory defaults and then check again. Most routers have the RESET hole or button that you need to press and hold down for about 20 seconds.
Please do that so that all settings can be reset to their default. You may need to re-configure the WiFi network after the reset.
Let me know if the Yahoo! Mail with then fully work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The reset didn't work.
Sorry about the delay, I have been out all day and evening and just got back to see if the reset worked. It's 10.30 pm here.
I guess I'll just have to get another router to go any further. all else seems to be exhausted
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again!
The router itself could be fine, but maybe your Internet Service Provider has changed something on their end, such as blocking certain ports, etc.
You can call your Internet Service Provider and ask them if they have made any changes recently since you are unable to communicate with the Yahoo! Mail server properly while at home, but it works fine when using another Internet connection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I'll try that tomorrow
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me know what they say.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Broadband supplier says that there is nothing wrong with the router and will provide no further help as I am not using their e-mail service.
Trying to contact my e-mail provider has just sent me round in circles, none of which deals with my problem.
It seems no one wants to help. It's always someone else's problem
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the issue! If that is the case, you can continue to use your Yahoo! e-mail account, but not via Yahoo! web mail, but via e-mail client such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, etc. I am sure it will work there just fine.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any of those e-mail programs installed on your computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have got windows live mail so I'll try that
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me know if you can successfully receive and send e-mails in Windows Live Mail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just successfully used windows mail.
I'll try a couple more times
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, good.
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Using Windows Mail seems to be the way around this problem. Although not the perfect answer it's the one I'll accept as this has taken far too much of your time and mine.
You have done everything possible on my behalf, for which I thank you, ***** ***** waste any more time is now pointless.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! Yes, using e-mail program such as Windows Mail is only a workaround. It is possible that the Yahoo! Mail problem will be solved by itself after some time, so you can check every several days to see if there are any changes. Also, you can start Internet Explorer and check if it is working with Yahoo! Mail since it seemed to have worked while I was testing all web browsers. Regards,IT Miro