John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have a guy saying he's windows tec dept saying that my

Hi I have a guy saying he's windows tec dept saying that my comp has run out of warenty and to fix it I have to have another 3year warenty for £149 .the money has to be sent to a ***** *****,country India,state West Bengal,city Kolkata. Is this a scam or is it not please advise.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Ma'am this is a clear case of scam please do not give any of your personal or bank details.There are lot of scams like these going around.They will say the name of Microsoft,Google etc hung up such calls.You can find scams like these in this link http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/watch-out-for-microsoft-scam-calls-to-fix-your-computer-jan15 You can also use the above link to report the scam too,sometimes these scammers will send you email and offers with it do open any links or images in it that will install applications that can help them gain access to your PC or get your login details avoid such emails and mark them as spam emails.If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask and If you do not need further assistance please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the rating and click on submit.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John