Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I am trying to log in to facebook but have forgotten my password.

I am trying to log in to facebook but have forgotten my password. Trying to get a new password ***** when I type it in for the second time, it tells me the two don't match. I have been very careful that I AM typing the same each time but for some reason it won't accept it. What can I do ? Please help me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I have windows 8, but not certain, I'm afraid.I am so ignorant about computers which is why I need help. I am sure the remote support session would be best.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3a2fb2cd-9786-4407-b90a-5057c9588fa3

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you. Please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/optnh6l

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am getting a security warning when I try to open this link, but then it won't let me click on run.

When you get the security warning, can you just allow it to run if possible (or if needed, click on More options, etc., and allow it....?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try again; I managed to get it to run but Zone Alarm warned me of suspicious behaviour etc. I am now scared that this is a virus or something.

Can you reassure me that this is a safe thing to do ? I just expected you to tell me how to re-set my password ***** Facebook!

It is not a virus; it is safe; it is our remote support program for connecting to your computer in order to fix the issue. You will see everything I do on the screen, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What info do you want me to type in ?

Sorry, don't need to type anything. Just open / run / install the file Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.

http://tinyurl.com/optnh6l

Let's try another way:

1. Please click on the website below:
    http://connect.teamviewer.com
  2. Then download / run the file called TeamViewerQS...
  3. Then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide in the TeamViewer program.
  4. Do not close the TeamViewer program.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Finally I got there! the id is ###-##-####/p>

password ***** *****

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.