Cpolarek
Cpolarek, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10 YR IT Manager
30863715

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and find that my MS Office 2010 programs are unable to

Customer Question

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and find that my MS Office 2010 programs are unable to save documents. They just lock up. I have looked at the info file and discovered and discovered that they are trial versions. I purchased the laptop from Packard Bell with Office bundled in and have been using it on Windows for 5 years with no problems. The Packard Bell site tells me I need to obtain the 25 digit key from Microsoft to reinstall Office. I have tried many MS sites but can find no way of contacting Microsoft directly.
Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be attempting to help you today. Are you located in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am located in the UK

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
Hopefully this will save you some trouble. Microsoft 99% of the time won't help you with a lost license. If you registered the software with them, they might do something but that's rare. HOWEVER - Packard Bell would be the ones to contact. Here's the number 0371(###) ###-#### ***** Friday 9:00 - 18:00 They should ask for the product number serial number and be able to get a license key for you.
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
I'm working on getting you a Microsoft number also
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
The Microsoft number is *****(###) ###-#### ***** will be your last option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you have an e-mail address for Microsoft where I can send a request. I have been hanging on the phone to them since you sent your last note.

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
There's no generic Microsoft email address for support other than***@******.*** but you ​can use their Answer Desk here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/answerdesk/chat?&skuid=300&partnerid=disability&rejoin=0&psrc=ms_smc&entryid=smcchat&productkey=awasachatdisability&nocheck=1&locale=en-gb
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How about an e-mail address for Packard Bell? So I can lodge a complaint

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
Well, Packard Bell was purchased by Acer in 2008. So Acer will be the company you will want to complain to. Their phone number is(###) ###-####and they do not have a complaint email address.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did manage to give you a rating but then my system locked and I needed to reboot and lost the session.

By the way the link you gave me to Microsoft worked and they did resolve the issue of the lost activation key for Office 2010 but not the basic problem of not being able to save documents. I finally fixed it by an unrelated problem about permissions which I found on another site. While the permissions I had all showed up correctly when I clicked the "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?" the refresh solved the problem.

Martin

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I'm glad that it worked and that you found your solution. Need anything, you know where we are!