Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have bought two chargers kindle yesterday but despite

Customer Question

I have bought two chargers for my kindle yesterday but despite charging it for several hours using the USB port on my computer it shows a "depleted battery " message. Presumably the yellow light needs to be showing while the kindle is charging.
I would be grateful for any help you could give me.
Gary Farrington
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Charging the kindle via the computer USB is very slow, the best option will be to use a wall outlet power source for charging. Connect your Kindle to your computer with a micro-USB cable.Requirements:Your computer is on and not asleep.Your computer is connected to a power outlet.Your Kindle Fire is set to sleep mode or shut down (the power is off). If your Kindle is on, it will not charge as efficiently.Approximate Charge Time:Kindle Fire 2nd Generation: Fully charges in under 11.5 hoursKindle Fire HD 7": Charges in approximately 13.5 hoursKindle Fire HD 8.9": Charges in under 14 hoursTo confirm the device is charging:Swipe down from the top of the screen. You should see a "Connected to Low-Power Charger" notification. Once you confirm that your Kindle Fire is charging, put it to sleep or shut it down (turn off the power). Your Kindle Fire will not charge as efficiently when connected to a computer and in use.: Connect your Kindle Fire to a power outlet with a micro-USB cable and an Amazon Kindle PowerFast adapter.Requirements: Purchase the Amazon Kindle PowerFast adapter Approximate Charge Time:Kindle Fire 2nd Generation: Fully charges in 3.3 hoursKindle Fire HD 7": Fully charges in under 4 hoursKindle Fire HD 8.9": Fully charges in under 5 hoursTo confirm the device is charging:Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap More.Tap Device.Next to Battery Remaining, you should see "(Charging)." The battery indicator at the top of your screen should also have a lightning icon when charging. Tips:For faster results, set your Kindle Fire to sleep mode or shut it down (turn off the power) while the device is charging.Kindle Fire HD has no charge indicator light but it will charge when it is turned off.You can show the percentage of the battery charge in the Status Bar at the top of the screen. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open Quick Settings, tap More, and then tap Device. Next to Show Battery Percentage in Status Bar, tap On. Faster: Power adapter + USB cableCharging Method: Connect your Kindle Fire to a power outlet with a micro-USB cable and a compatible power adapter.Requirements: Purchase or use additional accessory: micro-USB power adapter. These are sold by Amazon for Kindle but you can use any compatible micro-USB power adapter.Approximate Charge Time: Charge time will depend on the adapter and device, but your Kindle Fire will charge approximately twice as fast with a power adapter as it would connected to your computer.To confirm the device is charging:Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap More.Tap Device.Next to Battery Remaining, you should see "(Charging)." The battery indicator at the top of your screen should also have a lightning icon when charging.
*
.
.
Was this step helpful? Please reply if you need more help.
.
.
.
.
.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much
!