Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How can I remove items from my device, I have deleted several

How can I remove items from my device, I have deleted several from the computer but they remain steadfastly on my magic machine
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle? Were you able to delete items on the kindle previously? Can you press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on. Then see if you can delete? Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Basic model
Never tried before
Tried it, status quo
Please check if there is a model at the back of the kindle. Or check all the models athttp://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200127470 Can you connect the kindle to the computer, and delete items on the kindle through the computer? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cheapest version, about 2 years old
How can I do that, beware I am an armish when it comes to computers
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 9
Do you mean windows 7 or 8 (as there is no windows 9)? - Connect kindle to computer with the USB cable, open Windows Explorer / folder, then click on Computer or ThisPC on the left, then open the kindle device drive letter there, then delete any item you want. Please let me know. Thank you.
I can also connect remotely to your computer and do this directly for you on your computer. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 8
done
done
what drive letter
how
Press at the same time the two keys Windows and E on your keyboard, then do you see the kindle drive letter there? You should also see the C: drive there.Please let me know. Thank you.
By the way, does your kindle have touchscreen? If yes, unplug the kindle for the computer, then tap and hold on a item you want to delete, then see if it lets you delete. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no Windows on keyboardno touchscreen
The windows logo key is usually located between the two keys Ctrl and Alt near the lower left corner of the keyboard. Thank you.
Sorry, please let me know the model of your kindle if possible; please check at the back of the kindle. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing on back
The windows logo key is usually located between the two keys Ctrl and Alt near the lower left corner of the keyboard.Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help you directly. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes.***@******.***
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=297709f2-5ba7-48a1-a0ec-067479d04e4a, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
Your kindle model is 5th generation. I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,