John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I received a prompt from Microsoft today that Windows 10 for

I received a prompt from Microsoft today that Windows 10 for my laptop was now available. I have completed the procedure up to where it says "Hi John, welcome back" beneath which is a box requesting a password. I have put in some passwords which a line beneath the vox says that the password ***** ***** please try again. I do not know the correct password ***** I cannot click on 'NEXT'. I am stuck on this page. What can I do, please ? John XXXXXXXXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

1.Sir do you have microsoft account ?
2.Is this microsoft account creation page?
3.What all other options does it shows on that login page?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. I have a 4 digit Microsoft security code and a 7 digit code

2. I am not sure is meant by 'creation account page'

3. I believe I obtained the codes in ? 1 thro' Windows Live Mail 2011 and those are all I obtained on the Microsoft page.

Not very helpful, I am afraid.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir thank you for the details

Is this the login page you are in ? graphic

Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is the page

By the way, I have had my email address -xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- for many years, so I am being duplicated.

Virgin transferred me to Talktalk along with many other non cable subscribers earlier this year. I now have a new email which is

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details,I am little bit confused sorry about that
Which was the previous windows operating system installed in this windows 10 ?
Have you tried to reset the live mail password ?

See if you can login to microsoft account using this link http://tinyurl.com/ofwjsah

Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I made a mistake. It looks like the Windows 10 page that I am stuck on.

The previous Wndows OS on the laptop was Windows 7

I have logged on to the Microsoft account. Do I need to reset the live mail password ***** it is working OK ?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details sir.
If you have successfully logged into Microsoft account then no need to reset the password ***** that same Microsoft account address and password ***** login windows 10 and click on next.

Please let me know the status
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The password ***** Microsoft does not work on Windows 10

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update.

Which email account did you use to login to windows 10 is it virgin.net or talktalk.net?
Is that the same one you used to check on the web link i gave above to login to microsoft account?

Sincerely,
John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir,
What is the exact error message it shows when try to login using the microsoft account ?
Please make sure the windows 10 PC have internet access
Let me know.

Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for you attempts to help me. As a last resort I entered the password ***** use to start up my laptop and it worked. I had to close my desktop computer on which I was working with Just Answer because it became clogged and froze with too many windows and I had to close it down and start again. Thus I lost my connection with my JustAnswer helper. Sorry about that.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
No problem,Glad to know that you are able to log in to windows 10.
Is there anything else you like to know ?

Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I lost you, but my desktop computer is so slow and I had too many web pages on it that all I could do was switch it off at the computer, not on the screen as that was frozen.

I just did not think of using the password ***** always use to open my lap top - my mind was on a Microsoft password. However, my daughter and her partner called unexpectedly and they immediately thought of the password ***** which I opened Windows 7 and, hey presto, it worked. In trying to solve a problem, I find I learn something else about computing and thro' you I did just that and I thank you for it.

I am now beginning to like Windows 10. Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome and i am glad that the windows 10 login issue got solved.If you do not need any further assistance please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/ Sincerely,John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.